This LIVE online class is designed for students who want to integrate more sophisticated colour understanding into their mosaic to support their use of andamento. It is a continuers course designed for student who have completed Level 3 or equivalent.
Level 4 enables students to consolidate Level 3 Colour Theory knowledge with more complex studies.
We continue to focus on colour as a three dimensional concept implementing knowledge of Value, Hue and Chroma.
Our Palette building is more finely tuned and students can select to integrate larger tesserae and mixed media into their work.
The Level 4 tasks need more time to plan, execute and resolve than earlier levels.
1. Greyscale Teapot Study
2. Tints and Shades Shell Study
3. Harmonious Blend Leaf Study (choice of several leaves)
4. Oriental Lily Study
We will approach each task in multiple ways.
1. Looking at mosaics and relevant examples from other art disciplines
2. Practicing andamento through drawing and planning.
3. Developing a materials palette based on a colour study
3. Consolidating through making a physical sample.
4. Tasks are introduced and investigated in class and developed individually between lessons.
Tasks are uploaded to Google Classroom where written feedback is provided.
1. You will need a reasonable and stable internet connection.
2. Classes are presented live via ZOOM. You will need to DOWNLOAD ZOOM and ensure it is kept up to date. This is free to access for students as I have a Pro Account for hosting.
2. Class notes, video links, PDF resources and communication will be via Google Classroom. Students will be sent a link to join an online classroom.
3. Classes are LIVE and all classes are recorded. Students have access to the classroom and recordings for several months after the course for consolidation and completion of studies.
LEVEL 4 - Basic Materials Needed
1. Pencil, eraser, ruler, A4 paper, permanent marker
2. A4 Tracing paper pad, bulldog clip or clipboard
3. Clear Plastic (plastic sleeves are ok)
4. Board or card to support your work
5. Tesserae for samples
6. Cutters for your choice of tesserae
7. Cement Based Adhesive/ Thinset/ oxides
8. Substrates for samples
9. Printed images for each task.
10. Optional Light Pad
Method: We are working direct onto plastic with cement based adhesive (thinset).
When complete you can adhere your samples onto a more permanent substrate of your choice.
Dates and Times
The next Level 4 Class is proposed to run monthly during Terms 3 and 4 2023.