mosaic MENTORING, online
critique, conceptual development, collaboration
Term 2 2022
Fortnightly: 12.00pm - 3.00pm
29th April, 13th May, No class 27th May, 10th June, 24th June.
Mosaic Mentoring is a class for students who are intermediate or above, have an active studio practice and would like more interaction with students of a similar level.
This group focusses on critique, conceptual development and collaboration.
- Critique and advice on current work
- Collective problem solving
- Conceptual, material and technical guidance
- Looking at the practice of other artists
- Researching and presenting on other artists work
- Historical and contemporary investigations
- Learning to analyse and talk about art
- The opportunity to collaborate with others in the group
This program is suited the the following students
- Intermediate level and above only
- Self directed learners and mosaicers
- Have a home studio or workspace
- Can independently source tools and materials
- Can work independently between classes
- Can problem solve and connect with others
- Can access Zoom for conferencing
'Caitlin's online mentoring classes are so good for the soul. Receiving instruction and feedback from Caitlin, who pushes her students to extend themselves, is invaluable. These classes give students the opportunity to connect with other mosaic artists while providing and receiving constructive feedback. I was able to work on my project while listening to others discuss their work with the group, which was a lovely way to gain insight into what inspires others in the group and to watch their mosaic practice grow. I came away from each session feeling inspired by and connected to a wonderful mosaic community.'
Andrea Ketterling, NSW